Getting ready for any form of job interview can be both a nervous and exciting process. Before applying for that position or sitting down for your interview, here are some things you need to remember –
- Research: Do some background work on the company, its values and its mission. Think about whether or not it will be a right fit for you and your skills.
- Revise: Look over your resume and see if there is anything that you need to edit to make it stand out and best portray you as a professional individual.
Now that you have submitted your resume and you’ve gotten a call for an interview, there are a few more things that you need to do:
- Resume: Take with you copies of your resume and any other documents.
- Attire: Dress appropriately for your interview. Business smart, no casual clothes.
- Practice: If you tend to get nervous for interviews be sure to go over your weak areas and practice your interview skills.