The newest scholarships for the 2021-2022 year!
It’s a new school year, which means the possibility of more free money to help pay for school! We have compiled a list of scholarships for the 2021/ 2022 school year based on 3 categories: STEM, Computer Science, and Healthcare. These are some of the top scholarships for international students studying in these programs. We have listed the scholarship name and link, along with the scholarship amount, a description of it and who is eligible. We recommend starting your application early as some scholarships ask for recommendation letters, transcripts, proof of enrollment, and potentially other documents.
- MPOWER Scholarship for Women in Tech ($1-3K)
- A scholarship for female international students without many required criteria to apply. Students must be legally allowed to study in the United States or Canada and be enrolled in an accredited university.
- International Fellowships for Graduate Women ($18-30k)
- These are fellowships that offer money for women that are in graduate programs and have completed an undergraduate degree. This fellowship is for students who want to go to their home country and start a career in the STEM field after graduation.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers ($1-13k)
- The ASME is offering over 40 scholarships, all available through the link above. All the scholarships are for mechanical engineering students currently enrolled at an accredited college or university. They also must be current members of the ASME.
Computer Science Scholarships
- (ISC)² Undergraduate Cybersecurity Scholarship (up to $5k)
- Students must be pursuing a degree in cybersecurity or information assurance and be a senior in high school or an undergraduate student in a university.
- Google Lime Scholarship ($10k)
- This is a scholarship for disabled students, either with a visible disability or an invisible disability. There are no criteria for GPA, although students must maintain strong academic performance and demonstrate commitment and passion for computer science and technology.
- IJA Strategies Women in Technology Scholarship ($1k)
- A scholarship for women pursuing a career in technology. Must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. college or university. 2 applicants will be chosen to receive $1k each.
- For a Bright Future Foundation Healthcare Scholarship (up to $10k)
- Students must be pursuing a degree in healthcare in the US and be enrolled in an accredited university program.
- Medical Assistant Schools Edu First Scholarship ($1.5k)
- This scholarship is for students pursuing a degree as a medical assistant and are enrolled in an accredited U.S. college or university with proof of enrollment.
- FulBright Program for Foreign Students ($1-13k)
- This is a program where 4,000 scholarships a year are given out for students in foreign countries to come to the U.S. to study medicine and science. Your country must have a program dedicated to Fulbright within the embassy in order to qualify to apply, as the embassy disburses funds and helps to arrange travel to the U.S.
There are plenty of other scholarships available for each program and degree. When looking for scholarships, make sure to check that they are for international students. There are also specific scholarships available for non-U.S. Citizens that are looking to study abroad in the U.S. You can review a full list of opportunities you can apply for on our Scholarship Opportunities page.
Good luck in the application process!